THE EDMONTON YACHT CLUB
Notice of Race, AOSA Alberta Cup
August 21st and 22nd 2010
1. Venue - The Alberta Offshore Sailing Association in conjunction with the Edmonton Yacht Club will Host the 2010 Alberta Cup for cruisers at Seba Beach on the west end of Lake Wabamun, Alberta.
2. Rules - The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing.
3. Advertising - This regatta is classified as a category C event.
4. Eligibility - Entry is open to all sailors who hold valid Membership of an ASA/CYA affiliated club. Temporary membership will be available to non-members @ $ 20.00. Wabum Marina Sailboats welcome.
4. Fleets - Racing will be PHRF time on time handicap, boats must be registered by 09:00 hrs. Saturday August 21st. Participants must declare white sail or flying sail (spinnaker) at registration.
Saturday, Aug 21st 08:00 – 09:00 Registration
09:30 Skippers meeting
10:30 Warning signal, First race of the day
Sunday, Aug 22nd 10:30 Warning signal, First race of the day
6. Scoring -
6.1 Eight races are scheduled and one race must be completed to constitute a series.
6.2 When fewer than 5 races are completed a boats series score will be the total of her race scores.
6.3 When 5-8 races are completed a boats series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
7. Safety - A boat that retires from a race will notify the race committee or patrol boat before leaving the race area, or if impossible to do so, immediately after returning ashore.
8. Entry Fees - Cruisers $45.00
9. Awards - Prizes will be award as follows:
2-5 boats: 1st Place
6-9 boats 1st & 2nd Place
10 or more boats 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
12. Additional information - On Saturday evening there will be a “pig roast” with all the trimmings, tickets are $ 15.00 per person and limited to 75 people, book early to get your piece of the pig!
For further information contact the following;
Alberta Offshore Sailing Association - Bob Brunelle, firstname.lastname@example.org
Edmonton Yacht Club - Larry Loven, email@example.com
Sunshine Bay Yacht Club - Julius Nemeth firstname.lastname@example.org